Thursday 19 September 2013

OUT OF THE CUP

OUT OF THE CUP
Sunday 20th February 2011 (F.A. Cup Fifth Round)
Fulham 0 Bolton Wanderers 1 (Klasnic 19)
Attendance: 19,571

Today, I worked in two positions, starting at pitchside and then being moved to a vomitory. Though it's better than the undercroft, pitchside is still pretty grim, as you can't see any of the game, as you spend the game facing the crowd, and there's very little opportunity to interact with supporters.

The only thing that is interesting about the job is that you get up close and personal with the players as they warm up. Today, I was impressed that the Bolton goalkeeper, Jussi Jaaskelainen, who was not playing in this game, took time to pose for photographs with Bolton supporters who were sitting in the first couple of rows.

One of the other Bolton players had his own fan club. Chung Yong Lee, and there were plenty of visitors from South Korea at the Cottage.

Personally, I was one of the few stewards who was pleased that Fulham lost today, as I'm happy to work at Premier League games only, so I can keep my weekends clear occasionally. Also, I don't fancy the idea of working at a cup replay that goes to extra-time and penalties.

No comments:

Post a Comment